UTech, Ja - Summary of Undergraduate Courses of Study Non-Jamaican Residents

An individual, who is not eligible for admission under the normal entry requirements, may apply for entry via prior learning assessment. The applicant must demonstrate potential for undergraduate university studies by virtue of attainments, prior learning and/ or relevant work experience, all of which must be relevant to the proposed course of study. In addition, the application must be supported in writing by individuals having first-hand knowledge of the applicant’s potential. The applicant’s knowledge, skills and competencies will be evaluated under the University’s Prior Learning Assessment Policy for Matriculation into Taught Programmes, in order to determine their equivalencies to the University’s entry requirements. He or she may be required to attend an interview as well as successfully complete Foundation Mathematics and/or Foundations of Academic Literacy which are offered at the UTech,Ja Academy. For further information please contact the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Unit, Academic Affairs Division, UTech, Ja. at 927-1680-8 ext. 3394 or email: sandy. lawrence@utech.edu.jm. . Applicants with Associate Degrees and Diplomas accredited by the University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) or by any other internationally recognized accrediting body may articulate into courses of study offered by the University of Technology, Jamaica. Graduates from recognized tertiary institutions may articulate with advanced standing into undergraduate courses of study offered at University of Technology, Jamaica. Transfer of credits will be done in accordance with the University’s Transfer Credit and Exemption Policy. ARTICULATION TRANSFER OF CREDITS MATRICULATION VIA PRIOR LEARNING ASSESSMENT 23 Applicants who have been accepted into UTech, Ja with other Tertiary qualifications may apply for their credit to be transferred to the UTech, Ja course of study. To do so, successful applicants must request that an official transcript be sent from the Tertiary Institution that they previously attended, directly to the Office of Admissions and Enrolment Management (OAEM). Transfer of Credit forms must also be completed and submitted to the respective College/Faculty. The transcript along with the completed transfer of credit form will be evaluated.