Background Image
Previous Page  25 / 28 Next Page
Show Menu
Previous Page 25 / 28 Next Page
Page Background



Applicants offered admission to the University may request a

deferral of their registration for a period of one academic year.

Requests for deferral should be done in writing to the University

Registrar, and copied to the Student Relations Officer, Student

Relations Unit and the Head of School in the relevant College or

Faculty before the beginning of the instructional period in which the

Course of Study would normally commence. Approval will be

contingent on the payment of the Enrolment Commitment Fee


Applicants who have been granted deferrals will be guaranteed

places for the next academic year, in the Course of Study for which

the original offer was made, only if there are no changes to its

matriculation requirements. A new application will be required if

there have been changes to the matriculation requirements.

Applicants will be contacted in writing by the Admissions &

Enrolment Office two months prior to the expiration of the deferral

period, to communicate enrolment information for the upcoming

academic session.

Note: Applicants who were granted deferrals must complete the

“Application for Readmission” form prior to the end of the

deferral period to indicate their intention to take of the offer


Scholarships and Bursaries are awarded annually mainly to full-time

Jamaican nationals studying at the undergraduate and post-

graduate levels.

The application period for scholarships opens in


of each year,

and the closing dates are as follows (unless otherwise stated):

• July 30, of each year for Scholarships offered to (new) students

in year 1.

• June 30, of each year for Scholarships offered to (returning)

students in years 2-4

Procedures for applying for Scholarships

Candidates are required to complete an application form for

submission along with the following:

• Progress Report(s) for returning students.

• CSEC/GCE, A-Levels/CAPE Certificates for first year Students

• Records of Extra Curricular Activities (both on and off Campus)

Students may apply for


Scholarships for which they are eligible

using the general application form available online at:

Click on Offices & Services/Financial Aid/Application

Forms/Scholarship Application Form.

For scholarships with special application forms, the forms can be

collected at the Financial Aid Office, Student Services Department.