SCHOOL OF GR ADUA T E S TUD I E S R E S E A RCH AND ENT R E P R ENE UR SH I P
• The minimum requirement for admission to a taught graduate degree
course of study a GPA of at least 2.7, or lower second class honours degree,
or its equivalent
• Minimum entry requirements may be determined by Prior Learning Assess-
ment (PLA), through the Office of Curriculum and Development and
HIGHER DEGREES BY RESEARCH
• For research degrees, a first class or second class honours degree, or equiv-
• The normal entry requirement for the degree of MPhil is a Bachelors degree
in a discipline.
• The normal entry requirement for the degree of PhD is a Masters degree in
a discipline which is appropriate to the proposed research, and which has
included research training and a research project.
• In exceptional cases, applicants who have a good honours degree (or equiv-
alent) may apply for direct registration to an MPhil/PhD.
• The following documents are to be submitted with the Application Form:
– Certified copy of birth certificate
– Two References in signed and sealed envelopes
– Certified copies of certificates/degrees
Admission and Registration