as consultancies and commissioned applied research, and provide line man-
agement for faculty publications.
FACULTY GRADUATE STUDIES, RESEARCH AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
COORDINATORS (FGSRE) COMMITTEE
The FGSRE serves as an oversight and management committee between the
virtual School of Graduate Studies, Research & Entrepreneurship and the Fac-
ulties. The Committee oversees the development and implementation of the
policies of the SGSRE, the coordination and delivery of graduate courses in line
with international standards and best practices, provides direction on matter-
sof research, entrepreneurial activities, intellectual property rights and aca-
demic publications for the School. It reports to the Board of Graduate Studies,
Research and Entrepreneurship.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. To provide recommendations on provision of consultancy services
2. To advise on academic quality standards for graduate courses
3. To monitor the development and coordination of graduate courses,
student outcomes and any measure necessary for their improvement
4. To recommend to the Board of Graduate Studies, Research & Entrepre-
neur-ship (BGSRE) the approval of new graduate courses and changes to
existing graduate courses.
5. To keep under review, advise and make recommendations to the BGSRE
on the University’s research foci, including strategies for research assess-
ment and impact.
6. To provide recommendations on:
a. Research projects
b. Funding for research
c. Opportunities for commissioned applied research
d. Opportunities for research training
U T e c h G R A D U A T E S T U D I E S H A N D B O O K
SCHOOL OF GR ADUA T E S TUD I E S R E S E A RCH AND ENT R E P R ENE UR SH I P