U T e c h G R A D U A T E S T U D I E S H A N D B O O K
SCHOOL OF GR ADUA T E S TUD I E S R E S E A RCH AND ENT R E P R ENE UR SH I P
COLLEGE/FACULTY STUDENT ACADEMIC AFFAIRS COMMITTEE (C/FSAAC)
The College/Faculty Student Academic Affairs Committee is a committee of
the College/Faculty Boards. It has been delegated powers to make recommen-
dations to the Faculty Boards on matters relating to the academic affairs of stu-
dents, collectively and/or individually. Among the student matters considered
by the Committee are the following:
• Deferral of registration
• Cancellation of registration
• Fee refunds
• Leave of absence
• Permanent withdrawal from programmes
• Programme completion
• Deferral of examinations
• Interfaculty transfers.
The scope of its responsibilities, as indicated in the “Terms of Reference” of
the FSAAC, is as follows:
– “The Committee shall consider requests from students submitted to the
Dean of the Faculty copied to the Student Relations Officer.
– Requests that are within policy shall be decided on by the Committee and
the decisions forwarded to the Student Relations Office for dispatch.
– Requests that are outside of policy shall be referred to the Faculty Board for
a resolution or to the Board of Undergraduate Studies (BUS) or the Board of
Graduate Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship (BGSRE), if not resolved
by the Faculty Board.
– On matters that require Academic Board’s review or approval, the Commit-
tee shall refer those matters to the BUS or BGSRE for submission to the Aca-
demic Board Student Affairs Review Panel.