The terms of this disclaimer (hereinafter referred to as "Disclaimer") apply to the University of Technology, Jamaica (UTech) web site (http://www.utechjamaica.edu.jm ) with its principal place of business located at 237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6, Kingston, Jamaica. Please read this Disclaimer carefully.
By accessing this web site and/or using the information provided on or via this web site you agree to be bound by this Disclaimer. If you do not agree to the terms discussed here, you are not allowed to use this web site. In the event of any conflict between the terms and conditions of specific products and services and this Disclaimer, the conditions specific to such products and services shall prevail.
The information provided on or via this web site should not be used as a substitute for any form of advice. Decisions based on this information are for your own account and risk.
Although UTech attempts to provide accurate, complete and up-to-date information, some information may be incorrect or outdated. Therefore UTech makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, as to whether information provided on or via this web site is accurate, complete or up-to-date. Material on this site is provided "as is" and does not constitute a warranty of any kind, either express or implied. UTech disclaims all warranties express or implied.
UTech may change the information on the website, or the products mentioned, at any time without notice.
Third Party Information, Products and Services: This web site may contain references to products and services supplied by third parties or links to third party web sites. Such links are not an endorsement by UTech of any products or services provided on or via such web sites. Where the UTech web site provides a link to a third party website, it makes no warranties or representations. Its use is subject to the statements and policies published on that site
The University of Technology, Jamaica is committed to ensuring the privacy and accuracy of your confidential information.
- UTech’s Privacy Promise for its web site users: Here is our promise to our web site Users:
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information site users share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of information to the minimum we require to deliver the requested service.
- We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of personal information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will not reveal site user’s information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the user in disclosures or an agreement or where the disclosure is required by law.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our policy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- Personal Information We Collect and May Disclose: The personal information we collect about you comes from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you when you use the services provided on our website or other forms, such as your name, address, and telephone number,
- Information about your transactions with us, payment history, and account activity, and
- Information we receive about you from other sources, such as your employer and other third parties.
We may disclose any of the above information that we collect to other Government Agencies
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Security of information in transit to and from our web site is encrypted using SSL encryption protocols. We store all user information in secure databases protected via a variety of access controls as well as using encryption of sensitive information.
No refunds will be granted for online transactions except in the case of tuition fees. Tuition fees will be refunded in accordance with the University of Technology, Jamaica, fee refund policy schedule.
The University of Technology, Jamaica (UTech) will not accept responsibility for items not arriving at their intended destination. All addresses submitted on the submitted form are presumed to be correct.
UTech’s responsibility is to accurately address the requested item using the supplied address and where applicable, to dispatch the item to the elected carrier. UTech will provide documentation relating to the dispatched items, sufficient to allow the requestor to begin tracing misplaced item. UTech reserves the right to destroy one year old dispatch records.