This department is responsible for administering student academic affairs in the areas of
admissions, examinations, international students and student records; coordinating activities relating to academic misconduct; recommending/developing student-related
academic policies and procedures. Each area is headed by a supervisor who oversees its day to-day activities. Other responsibilities include interpreting the University’s academic regulations to staff and students, publishing the Student Handbook, and the preparation of Academic Awards for the graduation ceremony.
Office Of Admissions & Enrolment Management
The Office of Admissions & Enrolment Management (OAEM) is responsible for developing
admissions and enrolment management policies and procedures, ensuring that these
procedures are adhered to and ensuring that all programmes in each Faculty are fully
subscribed. The Office has the ultimate responsibility of ensuring selection and enrollment of students for various programmes in each Faculty. In addition, OAEM monitors student
attrition and progress from admission to completion of programmes. To do so, the Office
prepares, maintains and analyses statistical data to monitor trends in all the University’s
programmes, and make recommendations and projections based on these trends. The Office also plays an integral role in promoting the institution both locally and overseas.
University Examinations Centre
The Examinations Centre administers all major University examinations and prepares and issues examination cards to students. The Centre is also responsible for the preparation of examinations timetables and scheduling invigilators for examinations. Further, it assists in matters related to graduation.
International Students' Office
The International Students’ Office supports all aspects of student life for our international
students by facilitating their recruitment, admissions, registration, accommodation and
Student Records Office
The Student Records Office:
- maintains a filing system of records of past and current students
- creates files for new students, updates files as necessary, safeguards the security and confidentiality of all students files, liaises with Faculties regarding all student academic records
- stores and safeguards all examination results received
- prepares and dispatches transcripts/statements/ Status Letters and other student academic records, and provides external organizations with information relating to students’ and alumni status, in accordance with approved procedures
- processes students’ academic awards for Graduation
- prepares statistical data and reports, as scheduled or requested
- verifies the authenticity of academic awards, transcripts /Status Letters.