Job Fair Objectives
- Introduce prospective employers to our final year students.
- Expose students to entrepreneurial project sponsors.
- Initiate the networking process between prospective graduates and prospective employers.
- Allow students to experience real interviews.
- Showcase students' skills and competencies to employers and project sponsors.
- Facilitate the opportunities for our students to gain employment.
- Stimulate students' interest in career building possibilities.
Steps to follow
- Register to participate in Job Fair ( see article on e:Vision, student Kiosk and Notice Board)
- Visit the Career and Placement unit and the Student Kiosk to view the list of companies lined up to participate. The list of companies that will be attending will change frequently.
- Research the Companies that are of interest to you.
- Revisit the Career and Placement Unit to request that your resume be forwarded to the companies of interest to you.
- Take along your portfolio and at least 20 copies of your resume to the Job Fair.
- Be on time (at the fair) for registration and your interviews.
Important Pointers for Job Fair Preparation
- Complete Background search on companies which are of interest to you.
- Review information on the internet and recent news paper articles about the industry which they work.
- Make a list of questions to ask company representative (s).
- Prepare business outfit for the occasion.
- Prepare for the interview.
- Practice. Roll play with friends to improve your delivery.
- Prepare your resumes. Must be well edited.
- Bring more resumes than you expect to use.
- Know what career fields interest you and what skills make you an attractive candidate.
- Prepare to be on time.
- Be specific. Begin by stating your name, major and tentative graduation date.
- Explain your career interest.