The closing date for enrolment for undergraduate students has been extended to Sunday, August 29, 2010. All students are required to enrol by this date. Students are urged to complete payment of fees by Wednesday, August 25, 2010 to ensure the required two clear working days for financial clearance.
After receiving financial clearance you MUST return online to complete your enrolment. If you do not complete your enrolment online you will not be able to access your official timetable and no examination cards will be issued for you.
Students who have not paid their tuition fees or made special arrangements with the Finance and Business Services Office by August 29, 2010 will not have financial clearance and will be withdrawn from the University.
Classes for ALL students begin on Monday, August 30, 2010
Students who are enrolling online for the first time are reminded of the following Enrolment Procedures:
- Before you begin please view the video with your enrolment steps which is posted on the University’s website at www.utechjamaica.edu.jm in the ‘New and Returning Students Enrolment Information’ section.
- After you have watched the instructional video log on to the Students Portal on the University’s website at www.utechjamaica.edu.jm
- Select all your Core Modules before selecting the General Education Modules. This will prevent possible timetable clashes
- You will see your Core Modules and General Education Modules in the Module Listing for your programme which is also in the Enrolment Information section of the university website
- After confirming your selections, view and print an invoice with your fees
- PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THE BROWSER ‘BACK’ BUTTON TO RETURN TO THE MODULE SELECTION SECTION TO VIEW OR ADJUST YOUR TIMETABLE AFTER CONFIRMING YOUR MODULES AND PRINTING YOUR INVOICE. YOUR TIMETABLE WILL ONLY BE ACCESSIBLE AFTER YOU HAVE PAID YOUR FEES AND COMPLETED YOUR ENROLMENT.
- Pay your fees using any of the following options:
- UTech Accounts Receivable using debit or credit card or managers cheque only
- Paymaster locations island wide
- National Commercial Banks (NCB) island wide
- For NCB customers payments in local currency can be made using the bank’s
- E-banking facility at www.jncb.com or via Telemidas (1-888-622-3477)
All fee payments require at least two (2) working days for payment to be cleared by the University’s Accounts Department. Students are therefore encouraged to complete their enrolment early.
After paying your fees, return to the Students’ Portal. Following financial clearance by the Accounts Department you will receive a message in your in-tray to proceed with completion of your enrolment. This must be done online to complete your enrolment.
Details of the Enrolment Steps are available on the University’s website at http://www.utech.edu.jm/enrolment/SummerStudentsEnrollmentSteps.pdf
For further information contact the Office of Admissions and Enrolment Management at 512-2287/512-2282.
August 23, 2010