Jamaican Securities Certificate Course
Click here to Download Brochure
- Financial, Investment Managers and Analysts
- Employees in the Securities Industry
- Employees entering the Securities Industry
- Employees in Banks, Insurance Companies, Real Estates, Credit Unions and other Financial Institutions.
FEES: $60, 000 (includes the cost for course manuals, money laundering act & handouts)
Recommended Text For Reading – Available at J.I.M’S
- How the Stock Market Works
- How the Economy Works
- Stocks, Bonds, Options, Futures
- A Passport Size Photograph.
- A First Degree.
- Any one of JIM'S six (6) Diplomas.
- Three (3) years working experience on the recommendation of the employer.
- Present employees with experience in the Securities Industry.
- Supporting documents of qualification and experience to be made available on request.
- A non-refundable application fee of $1000.00 to be paid at registration
Services Offered – UTech/JIM School of Advanced Management Business Center
- Associate Degree in Business Administration
- Diploma Courses
- Short Certificate Courses
- Customised In-house Courses
- Consultancy Services
- Reference Library & Research Facilities
- Internet Services
- Photocopying & Book Binding.
- ETHICS & PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS
- THE JAMAICAN CAPITAL MARKET
- TYPES OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION
- UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- INTERPRETING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- GOVERNMENT DEBT ISSUES AND THE MONEY MARKET
- CORPORATE BONDS, DEBENTURES
- THE JAMAICA STOCK EXCHANGE
- COMMON STOCK
- PREFERENCE STOCK
- FACTORS AFFECTING SECURITIES PRICES
- BUYING AND SELLING EQUITIES
- BUILDING AND MANAGING AND INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO
- SPECIAL TYPES OF SECURITIES
- JAMAICAN TAX LAWS
- SECURITIES ACT AND THE SECURITIES COMMISSION
- THE BROKERAGE FIRM
Presenters of the Course are Professional Practitioners drawn from the Jamaican Securities and Financial Industry.
This Course is supported by a panel of Resource Professionals and Guest Lecturers.