The UTech/JIM School of Advanced Management, formally The Jamaican Institute of Management was established in 1967 as a not- for –profit membership organization by a group of businessmen to promote professional management and raise the standard of management in Jamaica, in both the private and public sectors.
In August 2009, the affairs of the Jamaican Institute of Management were taken over by the University of Technology, Jamaica and renamed UTech/JIM School of Advanced Management.
The school is located at 47 Hope Road, Kingston 10.
The UTech/JIM School of Advanced Management is the Business School of the University of Technology, Jamaica and is a school within the College of Business and Management. The school also operates at 3 locations outside of Kingston, namely Port Antonio, Ocho Rios and Montego Bay.
The UTech/JIM School of Advanced Management is run by an Advisory Board. Dr. Neville Swaby is the Executive Director and Head of School, Winston Ewart is the Administrator. There is a complement of nine (9) members of staff and this is supplemented by a part-time faculty of highly qualified personnel from academia and industry.
The following programmes are offered by the UTech/JIM School of Advanced Management:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Master of Finance (MSF)
- Associate Degree
- Intermediate Securities Course (Certificate)
- Jamaica Securities Course in conjunction with the Jamaica Stock Exchange (Certificate)
- Supervisory Management (Certificate)
- Diploma in Financial Management and Accounting
- Diploma in Management Studies
- Diploma in Human Resource Management