The School of Pharmacy is committed to developing pharmaceutical professionals and scientists who will be conscious, aware and capable of providing pharmaceutical services using adaptive approach to individualization of patient care. Graduates should also be capable of conducting scientific research, engaging in innovation and possess an aptitude for entrepreneurial ventures and a zeal for lifelong learning.
To become a premier academic unit producing multi-faceted graduates with appropriate attitude and distinctive competencies to provide excellent pharmaceutical services to meet national, regional and international healthcare needs.
Graduates of the School of Pharmacy should be:
- Conscious and self aware pharmaceutical professionals and scientists
- Capable of providing pharmaceutical services using adaptive approach to individualization of patient care.
- Able to contribute to the SOP’s strategic collaborations with local, regional and international stakeholders
- Utilize customized opportunities provided by the SOP to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitude that will equip them with the distinctive competences to provide high-quality population-based and patient-specific pharmaceutical care.
- Able to contribute meaningfully to the delivery of effective public health and disease prevention services
- Able to provide technical advice to physicians and other members of the health care delivery team
- Able to manage drug products and medical devices supply chain
- Able to impact positively on Government health policies
- Able to support health care research and foster life-long learning.
- Able to fit into any of the wide range of career choices in clinical, community, Hospital and industrial practice areas of Pharmacy.