“In a research driven and caring environment, we are committed to producing graduates who are adaptable individuals possessing the social, intellectual and professional competence to advance the quality and availability of the health care services locally and regionally.”
In fostering its mission of education, research, community service and leadership, the College of Health Sciences objectives are to:
- Develop and offer market driven undergraduate and postgraduate courses of study.
- Maintain and expand academic units for effective and efficient delivery of courses of study at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Obtain accreditation and re-accreditation of all its academic courses of study by UCJ and by the respective professional accrediting bodies.
- Contribute significantly to the production and development of human resources for health care delivery at national, regional and international levels
- Develop ethical, conscious and self-aware healthcare professionals of the highest levels of competences.
- Attract, develop and sustain faculties of high academic and professional competencies.
- Provide intellectual and consultant support for Governmental health care delivery policies.
- Use strategic collaborations and networking with internal and external stake holders, alumni and international agencies and other academic institutions for expansion of activities and course of study development as well as for staff and student development and infrastructural capacity building.
- Employ staff intellectual and technical expertise for income generation toward self-sustenance and operational autonomy.
- Undertake regular and periodic assessment of graduates’ post-training experience and competency match for the field of work requirement for continuous improvement activities.
- Engage in community enrichment projects for fostering community recognition and engender community support and loyalty.
- Facilitate staff and student engagement in high-impact research and development, innovation and entrepreneurial activities.
- Facilitate student throughput within the shortest possible time and to provide support for student learning in an atmosphere that promotes love, caring and sharing.